Today the Off the Shelf Library blog turns 7.
It was August 28 2008 when we ventured into the world of social media and haven’t looked back.
However a significant date is a time to look back, so let’s have a gander at some of our blog stats over the years.
- Our most popular day was October 24th 2011 when we had almost 900 page views. Oddly enough we didn’t post anything that day!
- The most popular post this year has been about our Dyslexia Friendly collection.
- The most popular post of all time is about the world’s oldest Library and is one of our early posts dating from March 2009.
- The blog views dropped noticeably in mid 2011 when we started our Facebook account, illustrating the preferred format of our online audience. However the blog is still a well used format for information and is searchable via Google, unlike other forms of social media.
- Australia tops the list of our audience view, which is no surprise at 64%, second is the USA with about 14% of views, the other 22% is made up of a number of countries, as far away and as varied as the UK, Trinidad and Tobago, Morocco, Columbia, Mauritius and Nepal!
- We’ve had over 210,000 post views since we started.Happy Blog Birthday to us!