Have you ever wondered where library staff go when they tell you they need to search “out the back”? Or thought about how everything you borrow mysteriously gets labels on the covers and put onto the Library’s computer system?
Come on the Library’s Behind the scenes tour to find out the answers to these questions and others that you may have. You will certainly be surprised!
Date and time: Thursday 26 May,11am – noon
Cost: Free. Bookings are essential. Places are limited. Tours start at the Ask Here Desk.
- Follow the life of a book from purchase to debit.
- See how a book gets from the supplier to the shelf.
- Learn about some of the backroom tasks that library staff perform.
- Discover what happen when you return at item in the chute.
- Gain a greater awareness of the volume of resources available for use.
Book online or telephone 8397 7333.