Listverse is an interesting site full of lists on any topic you could possibly think of. There are quite a few literature and language-related lists – you can find out what the longest novels in the English language are, discover the most overrated novels (both of these lists coincidentally feature ‘Atlas Shrugged’ by Ayn Rand) or read about the vilest villains of fictional literature.
An interesting one I discovered the other day was 25 English Language Oddities. Here are oddities 16-20 (click the link to see the full list):
20. “Almost” is the longest commonly used word in the English language with all the letters in alphabetical order.
19. The longest uncommon word whose letters are in alphabetical order is the eight-letter Aegilops (a grass genus).
18. The longest common single-word palindromes are deified, racecar, repaper, reviver, and rotator.
17. “One thousand” contains the letter A, but none of the words from one to nine hundred ninety-nine has an A.
16. “The sixth sick sheik’s sixth sheep’s sick” is said to be the toughest tongue twister in English.
This is by far the best website for enabling procrastination. What an excellent find!