While the year is but a few days old, let’s take a moment to reflect on our highlights in 2010 (in no particular order):
- Launch of new Adult Literacy Tutoring program run by volunteers to assist individuals to improve their english.
- Family History volunteers being finalists as part of SA Heritage Heroes award.
- Completion of stocktake of the Library collection. This was a large amount of work for all staff, well organised by our Systems team.
- Inaugural Reader’s festival.
- Launch of the Blu Ray DVD collection – currently 320 available for loan.
- Improved access to Environmental resources within the adult non-fiction collection.
- Welcomed 388,853 people through the door.
- 733 programs/events were held of which 28,851 people attended! Children’s Book Week and performance of the Christmas Wish were a couple of outstanding highlights.
- Growth in Library Access Services program – assisting individuals to access the service who can’t due to health or infirmity
- Added over 30,000 new items added to the collection. Congratulations to our technical service team as that is an increase of over 3,000+ items from 2009!
- Come ‘n’ try e-books: featuring Kindle, I-pad, Sony e-reader touch, and Kobo. They are still on display – come and play!
… and here comes 2011 – another exciting new year!