The New Year is a time for lists, reflecting on the successes of the previous year and making resolutions. Many things happen within the life of a Library Service on any given day, but here are our top 10 highlights:
- Library Thing installed as part of the catalogue. Enables everyone to write reviews of titles, and quickly link to similar titles or recommended reads within a click of the mouse.
- 27892 new items added to the collection for you to borrow.
- Easier access to the cookery, craft, travel, and parenting sections in the Non-fiction collection, through changes made to call numbers and adding shelf guides.
- Star Wars Family Day held on 15 July attracting 2200+ people to the Library Service participating in a variety of activities for all ages.
- Launch of the Carer’s collection to enable easy access to information for carers within the community.
- Launch of the Toddler-Time program for children aged 2-4 and their parents, aimed at developing literacy skills.
- Health and Wellbeing Expo held over two days.
- 17 authors highlighted at Library events during the year.
- Technology Demystified workshops run in conjunction with Council of the Aging.
- Access to 1000+ Newspapers in a variety of languages from around the world using Library Press Display accessible from the Library Website.
- SMS Pre-overdue reminders launched (always wanting to cram in an extra one!)
What were your library highlights for 2009?