As the year comes to a close, one often sets goals for the new year. For those who have an interest in family history, here are some you may wish to place on your 2010 list.
- Get organised. The Local History room can provide charts and forms for you to get started.
- Attend some, if not all the exciting family history courses, workshops and talks presented by the Library. Brochure out shortly.
- Share the information you have gathered with other members of your family (Web2.0 technology and genealogy will be a focus of the Library next year if you’re not sure how to start).
- Learn more about genealogy. The Library has one of the best family history book collections for loan, to suit the new and experienced genealogist.
- Be inspired. Borrow from the Library and watch sessions of Who Do You Think You Are. Guaranteed to inspire.
- Meet like – minded individuals who share the genealogy bug. The Local History area on Tuesday to Thursday always has someone to have a yarn to or ask questions.
A goal not written down is only a wish. Unknown
What fantastic suggestions, i will start getting organised ready for the new year.
You guys provide the best family history service in Adelaide.
I recently caught “the bug” and am eagerly researching my family tree!! Have hit a few Brick Walls along the way but I will get there in the end.